First, don’t panic. Many carriers mark items as delivered before they actually reach your doorstep. You may want to wait a day or so to see if your item arrives after receiving notice of delivery.
1. Confirm the shipping address by checking your order confirmation
2. Check your mailbox, door, or porch for a notice of attempted delivery.
3. Carefully search your delivery location (mailbox, side doors, back doors, behind doors, doorman, garage, mailroom, receptionist).
4. Check to see if anyone else accepted your delivery (family member, neighbor, office colleague)
5. Contact the carrier. You can reach them as follows: FedEx: 1-800-GO-FEDEX (1-800-463-3339) UPS: 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877) USPS (U.S. Mail): 1-800-275-87776) If you’ve tried all of these, but you still can’t resolve the issue, contact us for help with opening a claim.