How To Care for your High End Throw Blankets
We love throw blankets for SO many reasons: they add a fun pop of color to your room; provide an interesting layer of texture to high end bedding and furniture; and enhance any luxury interior décor. Best of all, they're absolutely blissful to wrap yourself up in. You've made a great investment…and with proper care, your high end throw blanket will remain elegant and comfortable for years to come.
When you first unbox your luxury throw blanket, read and follow the care directions. While many throw blankets require dry cleaning, you'll find that a number of cotton and cotton blend blankets can be machine washed and dried. Follow these simple guidelines:
NOTE: For any blanket with FRINGE, use a MESH LAUNDRY BAG for washing AND drying. This will help reduce twisting and tangling of the fringe.
- Step 1: Machine wash in cold or warm (pending manufacturer's instructions) on gentle cycle with a small amount of detergent,
- Step 2: Wash separately or with like colors only.
- Step 3: Spot treat stains as soon as possible with a small amount of detergent, then launder.
- Step 4: Tumble dry on the lowest heat possible to minimize shrinkage.
- Step 5: In general, your throw blanket shouldn't require ironing. If it does, and manufacturer's directions permit, use the lowest possible setting
Additional Care Notes for High End Throw Blankets:
- Never use bleach, which can weaken and yellow the fabric fibers.
- Never use fabric softener or dryer sheets, which can cause build up on fabric.
Protect your investment with detergent formulated for fine linens
Choosing the proper detergent can help extend the life and beauty of your washable throw blanket. At Fine Linen and Bath, we recommend using only detergents specially made for fine linens such as Heritage Park Fine Fabric Wash or Le Blanc Linen Wash. These products are formulated to remove tough stains; gently clean and preserve delicate thread fibers; and keep your high end throw blankets looking and feeling beautiful.
- Tom Ceconi